The Czech Republic is a stunning place to get married, surrounded by castles it’s perfect for a fairy tale wedding, what’s more it is incredibly easy to get married here! The process is very straightforward and there are no residency requirements, so by following these simple steps you’ll be good to go.
Getting Married in the Czech Republic:
- All required documents (listed below) must be presented to the Matrika office in the Czech Republic
- Your intention to marry must be posted at least 21 days at your local registry office in the UK to receive your certificate of impediment. Following this, the certificate will be issued in English and Czech.
- No longer 7 days before sending your documents to the Matrika office you must prove that you are an EU citizen by taking your passport to the Foreign Police Department in Prague
- Full Birth Certificates
- Certificates of No Impediment
- If previously married then divorce papers must be shown
- If widowed then the death certificate of your previous spouse must be shown
Birth certificates, certificate of no impediment and decree of absolute must be taken to the Legislation Department of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office in London to be legalised.