Luckily, it is not too difficult to marry in Cyprus, just follow these steps closely, liaise with your relevant consulate or embassy in Cyprus, and it’ll be a walk in the park:
- In order to wed in Cyprus, there are 2 options:
- The first option (and we recommend this one) is to apply for the fastest possible marriage licence at the municipality where you wish to wed. With this marriage licence, the minimum residential period before tying the knot is only 3 working days (excluding the day of your arrival and weekends).
- If however, you have more time on your hands and less money, then you can apply for a marriage licence which allows you to wed between 15 days – 3 months after your application has been submitted.
- You will need to bring with you to the municipality all the documents listed below in order to obtain this marriage licence, as well as complete Notice of Marriage forms to state your plans to marry, and that you are both legally single.
- As always, if you have any specific questions or are not sure about anything, it is always best to get in touch with your relevant embassy in Cyprus. They will always be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information.
- Birth certificate.
- Passports of two witnesses.
- A sworn affidavit stating you can legally marry.
- Divorce certificate (if necessary from previous marriage).
- Death certificate (if you have been widowed).