Can I Legally get Married in Las Vegas?
As the City of Sin, the process of getting married in Vegas is as quick and simple as you’re likely to find anywhere in the world! They have some magnificent luxury venues to marry at including the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas, The Bellagio Hotel and The Four Seasons Hotel. You just have to make sure you have your paperwork in order and follow these steps:
- In order to wed in Las Vegas, you need to have completed a pre-marriage licence application. This is easy to acquire as there is no waiting period, blood test, and you don’t have to have been in Vegas for a specific period of time. It is possible to print off the form from the Clark County Marriage Bureau’s website, just make sure you bring it into their office in person with the $77 fee.
- The Marriage Bureau’s office is open from 8am – midnight and you don’t need to book in advance. They can approve and give you your licence pretty much straight away.
- Once you have received this pre-marriage licence, you have 1 year in which to tie the knot. Then you just have to find a venue – of which there are hundreds of options!
- Bring the marriage licence to the location of your wedding. A witness is required, but if you don’t have one, just ask for one at the chapel, church, synagogue etc.
- That is literally it! Easy, quick and completely stress-free.
- Birth certificate.
- Pre-marriage licence.
- A witness (can be organised by the chapel, church etc)
- Appropriate fee ($77)
- Divorce certificate (if necessary from previous marriage).
- Death certificate (if you have been widowed).