It is very simple to marry in The Caribbean. The whole process is relatively straight forward and as long as you follow these steps, there’s no reason why organising your wedding in the beautiful Caribbean can’t be a relaxing and stress-free process:
- It’s actually very easy to wed in The Caribbean because, unlike a lot of other countries, there is no minimum length of stay on most of the islands.
- The first thing you should do when you arrive in The Caribbean is organise for a marriage officer or priest to conduct the ceremony.
- After this, you and your partner must bring all of the necessary documents listed below, where they will authorise your marriage if there are no issues with your paperwork.
- If neither you, nor your partner, are residents of The Caribbean, you may be subject to paying a licencing fee
- For the actual ceremony itself, the Magistrate fee for ceremonies held in court will apply.
- After all of this has been confirmed, you are free to wed. Easy and simple!
Necessary documents (as required in Barbados)
- Birth certificate
- Return airline tickets
- Passports of two witnesses
- Appropriate fee
- Divorce certificate (if necessary from previous marriage)
- Death certificate (if you have been widowed)
For more details on getting married in the Carribbean please visit the websites below.